There are multiple ways of giving users access to the system. Administrators and read-only support personnel can use the standard, built-in web administration interface. End-users however, probably need something simpler, while still being able to control their own messages in the system in a controlled manner. For that, we have an open source end-user web interface on GitHub. It can be found on https://github.com/halonsecurity/sp-enduser and be used either as it is, modified to fit your needs, or only used as inspiration for your own code.
== Installation Our end-user interface is a PHP web interface, that you can run on any web server of your choice.
- Acquire a web server with PHP (either your own server, or web hosting)
- Copy the files to a folder on that server; if you have shell access, run git clone git://github.com/halonsecurity/sp-enduser.git
- Surf to the new web site and follow its instructions
- Edit settings.php.default and rename it to settings.php
- Remove install.php when you're told to
If you used Git to download the files, you can update it at any time by running
in that folder.
The interface supports many authentication methods, such as statically configured users, LDAP sources, using SMTP AUTH (SASL) lookups, an internal database of your choice (with users possibly created from your anti-spam system using the trigger URL API), or any other method that you can add yourself.