From Halon, SMTP software for hosting providers
We provide a VHD file to be used with Hyper-V.
- Connect to the Hyper-V server and add a new virtual machine.
- Specify the amount of memory you want to allocate to the virtual machine (At least 2 GB of memory is recommended).
- Configure the virtual machine to use the VHD file that you downloaded as the system disk.
- Bring up the settings of the newly created (and turned off) virtual machine.
- Select “IDE Controller 0” and add a new, blank hard disk to be used for storage. 10GB or so should be enough, and the size can be expanded later if needed.
- Start your virtual machine and open the console.
- Type an IP address (one that is unoccupied, and that you can access) and press return. Type a netmask (or subnet, if you prefer; for example 255.255.255.0 or 24) and press return. Type a gateway and press return. Type a DNS and press return. The new blue “Halon” screen shows on which IP address you can access it. Start a web browser, and go to that address.
- Go to the IP address you configured and log in with username "admin" and the password "admin".
- The web administration is shown. If it was able to connect to Halon's datacenter, it will receive a license and be ready to process e-mail messages.